“Intention is the real power behind desire. Intent alone is very powerful, because intent is desire without attachment to the outcome.”

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Spring is here

So, it's been a month since school got back into session. So far so good!! Yeah...I don't want to spend the next few sentences expressing my emotions about how I feel about this. But let's not digress. This is a new semester all over and exciting times to find the many intersections between the different courses, readings, assignments, and talks.

Last semester (Fall) was a huge high for me in this respect. This time we have classes in Law & Ethics. I'm particularly excited about this class only because the curriculum is so diverse from basic law to environmental to ethics issues and human psychology, and the readings are particularly from some of my favorite authors. Then we have an Entrepreneurship course that is focused on ventures in the green, environmental areas like wind, solar, biomass, natural foods, etc. What is of particular interest is that the 1st part of this will be focused on environmental economics. Then we move on to Computer Info. Systems. Everything from how to organize your projects to how to setup a e-commerce website is what we will be learning and putting together for our team projects. Awesome!! Finally my personal challenge, Finance. Need I say anything more. It is definitely the most important class since every investor in the world, social or not will look at these to check the sanity in my ideas (wish they would just trust me). Anyways..so I need to know their language in order to converse with them!!

Well...I'll end here with an 'e'ntersectional thought. When you go out there today into the world, whether you are an entrepreneur or an engineer or a doctor or a designer; doesn't matter, make sure that you follow your 'Tropism'.

Tropism - Take a potted plant and place it anywhere in your room. You will find that the plant or its flowers will start growing in the direction of the sunlight. This affinity of the plant to wards the light is generally defined as tropism. So, find your tropism; find that activity or aspect of life that draws you to it because it provides you with an avenue to growth.

No comments: